Biography of Monique Renault
Monique Renault was born in Rennes, France. She studied painting at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts in Rennes and Paris. In 1966 she got a scholarship to study animation in Prague. She has worked several years with Peter Földes and Sarah Mallinson. In 1972 she became chief animator at A.A.A. Studio (J. Rouxel and M. Ponti) in Paris. In 1976 she went to work in Amsterdam in The Netherlands and acquired the Dutch nationality.
Between 2003 and 2010 she worked for PH Productions, Tokyo, Japan (“Fukushima Folkstales”, “Space Elevator: The future scientist dream of” and “Irving Penn and Issey Miyake: Visual Dialogue” from director Pascal Roulin).
In may 2009 she featured in Centre Pompidou in Paris, indicated as “l’ art émancipe”. On several websites attention was payed to this event, like Centre Pompidou, Cobayanim, The Parisian and Dailymotion.
Now, she does not work in films but after forty years of drawing animation, she took her brushes again …
- PSYCHODERCHE (1972), animation & direction Monique Renault
- A LA VOTRE (1973), animation & direction Monique Renault
- SWISS GRAFFITTI (1975), animation & direction Monique Renault, Jacquline Veuve
- BORDERLINE 1 & 2 (1981), direction Monique Renault
- WEG ERMEE! (1982), animation & direction Monique Renault
- LONG LIVE THE S. REVOLUTION (1983), direction Ellen Meske, Monique Renault
- HANDS OFF (BLIJF VAN MIJN LIJF) (1985), direction Monique Renault
- ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL (1987), direction Monique Renault
- PAS A DEUX (1988), animation & direction Gerrit van Dijk, Monique Renault
- LA DONNA E MOBILE (1993), animation & direction Monique Renault
- L’ALLIANCE (1995), animation & direction Monique Renault
- HOLY SMOKE (2000), direction Monique Renault
- TEKENFILMCLUB (1986), direction Ellen Meske and Monique Renault, camera Jochgem van Dijk, production VPRO
- THE WRITER (1989), interview with Paul Driessen, direction Monique Renault, camera Jochgem van Dijk, production VPRO-Atlantis
- SHAMUS CULHANE (1990), interview with Shamus Culhane and Borg Ring, direction Monique Renault, camera Jochgem van Dijk, production VPRO-Atlantis
Educationals & commercials: